The LOR Foundation often asks grantees to share news about grant activities and outcomes. This helps ensure the success of community projects, and it also creates greater awareness about the types of projects LOR supports. We hope that awareness leads more community members to reach out with their ideas. Sharing news can take many forms, but we ask that grantees do the following to the best of their ability.
Follow us on social media.
Following us on social media makes it easier for us to share your news. We’re easy to find on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter:
- LOR Foundation Facebook Page (@LORfoundation)
- LOR Foundation on Instagram (@lorfoundation)
- LOR Foundation on Twitter (@LORfoundation)
- Cortez Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationCortez)
- Lander Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationLander)
- Libby Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationLibby)
- Taos Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationTaos)
- Monte Vista Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationMonteVista)
- Questa Community Facebook Page (@LORfoundationQuesta)
Mention the LOR Foundation in public announcements.
In public references including, social media posts, newsletter mentions, email blasts, website mentions, media mentions (news article quotes, press releases, op-eds, press conferences), posters, and advertisements, mention your project is “supported by the LOR Foundation.”
When possible (e.g., in newsletters and on websites), include the LOR logo (available here) linked to https://lorfoundation.org. Please also notify LOR before sending out press releases or in advance of other media engagements.
Send a press release to your local media outlets.
Local media outlets are a great way to get the word out about your project to ensure its success. If you’re unsure about how to write a press release, feel free to use our template and guide.
In your press release, please mention that your project has been “supported by the LOR Foundation” and include this short statement about LOR at the bottom of the press release: “About the LOR Foundation: LOR works with rural communities in the Mountain West to enhance livability and prosperity while preserving the character that makes each community unique.”
Share photographs and other digital assets of the project with LOR:
If you have images to share with us, please share them with us via the following links:
- Cortez Grantee Upload Link
- Lander Grantee Upload Link
- Libby Grantee Upload Link
- Monte Vista Grantee Upload Link
- Taos Grantee Upload Link
- Questa Grantee Upload Link