The Technology Officer will serve as the strategic thought leader for technical innovation at the Foundation. S/he will work closely with LOR management to understand the Foundation’s short and long-term goals and define the technology objectives to meet them. The role requires a passion for process and a diligent approach to optimization. The ideal candidate will thrive in a start-up environment and has values that align with LOR’s mission.
- Across each department, understand workflows, needs, and technology gaps and implement solutions to make LOR more operationally efficient and effective; develop and lead the technology roadmap for 2021 and beyond
- Proactive research on technology trends and products that can advance LOR mission work; as appropriate, create prototypes to ensure the best use of technology tools at LOR and in community work
- Serve as a strategic advisor on LOR opportunities (e.g., grants, partnerships, community events) that could or do involve technology
- Management of LOR’s cloud-based digital infrastructure , including ongoing systems configuration and reporting to ensure desired utilization and/or identify opportunities for innovation
- Select and integrate new tools to maximize the capabilities of LOR’s existing systems (e.g., identify and test plugins, use APIs)
- Project management of digital application vendors (as needed); Ensure custom technical solution development efforts meet scope, quality, and business goals
- Lead demonstrations of new platform features, conduct staff trainings, and update documentation (as needed)
- Oversee enterprise-level security protocols
- Education: College degree required
- Employment: Minimum of 7 years related work experience preferred (e.g., technical operations, product management, technical project management, developer, IT management/help desk)
- Skills: Strong understanding of web, social, mobile, and emerging technologies; Self motivated and willing to expand knowledge; Client-facing experience required
Send resume and cover letter via email to: LOR-TO@nonprofitprofessionals.com
LOR Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.