LOR Program Officers live and work locally in Mountain West communities and the foundation is hiring a new position in Lander, Wyoming. The work is fast-paced, requiring agile thinking, and local roots.
Program Officers listen for opportunities to improve livability in their community, define and scope projects for funding, and deliver all kinds of resources, including funding, that support community-driven priorities.
The ideal candidate comes to LOR with deep community connections, a business-savvy entrepreneurial mindset, and a passion for problem solving. The role requires a caring and curious disposition to understand community needs from different perspectives, and strong communication skills to engage people from all backgrounds.
- Meet regularly with local residents, leaders and elected officials to understand challenges, opportunities, priorities, and plans
- Connect grantees and other community leaders to resources that can elevate their work and projects, including funding sources, information, and technical services
- Actively engage in local and social media to advance opportunities and solutions in the community, this is an external facing position and comfort working in a very public space is paramount
- Follow relevant social, local and regional media to identify significant developments and trends
- Prepare and manage grants using established workflows; document work using photography, video, and descriptive writing
- Ensure compliance with grant terms, provide flexible support as challenges arise
- Support ongoing organization-wide efforts to advance how LOR understands and measures impact
- Represent LOR professionally by attending conferences and speaking publicly about our community-driven work in Lander, WY
- Education: College degree required
- Employment: Minimum of 10 years related work experience preferred (e.g., business development, project management)
- Skills: Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated reliability and attention to detail; Excellent written and oral communication; Experience and comfort using various technical systems for lead generation/tracking, proposal development, internal communications, and task management, e.g. Copper, Salesforce, HubSpot, G-Suite Apps, Basecamp, Jira, Trello, Slack; Self-motivated and able to successfully complete assigned work with minimal supervision; Exhibits solid judgment, critical thinking, and a sense of teamwork and community
This search is being led by Tamar Datan and Chris Cannon of Nonprofit Professionals Advisory Group (NPAG). Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications should include a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications, your resume, and where you learned of the position.
Email applications to: LOR-PO@nonprofitprofessionals.com
LOR Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.